Thursday, June 28, 2012

Presenter Highlight: Brad Wilcox

{Please check registration progress at right the REG BY CITY tab.}

WEEKLY BUSINESS
Blog Comments: 27 comments!  Our numbers are rising, but it's not just about the numbers...we LOVE to read all the good you have in your lives.  Can you feel the power of seeking the good!!??!!  Can't wait to hear what you have to say for this week's comment corner.
---------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
For those of you who are new to TOFW teams, one important part of being a team member is knowing all about the event and its presenters so you can share the info. We'll feature different Springfield presenters in these highlights with some inside info and video clips of what they will present.  Brad Wilcox will speak to us Friday night, so read on!


PRESENTER HIGHLIGHT: BRAD WILCOX
Brad Wilcox is an educator, writer and a master of seeking the good.  His powerful, energetic and sincere approach to the gospel will touch you and teach you.   He's an unabashed hugger who loves everyone he meets and he LOVES TOFW!   If he’s not already one of your favorites, he will be by the end of this event! 



See more about Brad here:
Presenter Bio & Product Page : http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/48
---------------------------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE

Share video or a bio of Brad Wilcox via Facebook or email this week! 
If you have your brochures, write a personal note about why a friend would like Brad and give it to them with a brochure.


COMMENT CORNER:  Happy Summer!  What fun plans do you have for summer break?  I sure hope it includes your tote full of brochures to hand out at all the festivities!

23 comments:

The Steigmeiers said...

We are having a family vacation/Memorial in August. My Grandmother passed away almast a year ago and my Grandfather is ready to have her memorial now. As a family we will all be going camping on the St. Lawrence. This is where my Father's family always went when they were younger and my Grandparents once owned a cottage on the St. Lawrence. Although there will be sad times as we have her memorial there will also be good and fun times as well when we share our memories of her and the impact that she had on our lives. She wasn't biologically my Grandmother, but we didn't need blood to tell us what our hearts already knew. Her death has drawn us closer as a family and whenever we all get together we always have so much fun. My Grandmother was so positive during her battle with cancer and has been, and continues to be, a huge influence on me and the way I live my life.

Kristin Steigmeier

nihonkabu said...

Hi Tennisa! Yes, busy summer with lots of houseguests, parties/bbqs, stake & ward activities, etc The highlight is my son getting home from his mission July 17! Thank you! Kathy Ward

sam & sarah said...

We are leaving tomorrow for a __?__ week cross country road trip. Hubby will be with us for 3 weeks. I will continue on as long as I can handle the kids on my own! I'm shooting for about 6 weeks being gone! Should be fun & interesting!!! Thanks!
Sam Cousins

Anonymous said...

My summer plans...Get ready for Girls Camp (GO Craft Cabin!), Girls Camp, work summer school and do LOTS of decluttering... I need to get rid of the junk so I can make room for the GOOD!!--and clear the mess so I can see the GOOD that I already have! (...also... my non-member husband *just* signed up to go on High Adventure! I'm praying his heart might be touched while he's there!)
-Christine Hamilton

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

We are moving! Not far, just packing, painting, and unpacking into a new space. Also trying to keep my kids busy in the midst of it all.

Cathy said...

We are taking a trip down to Georgia for a week-long family vacation. Can't wait! I love getting together with my family. And my hubby and I will be taking a little anniversary "trip" on the way down. Hoped to see Mary Poppins on Broadway, but it doesn't play on Monday nights which is when we would be there. :-( So we'll find something else fun. Other than that, I am enjoying working in my yard - and talking about TOFW!

Cathy Starr

Afton said...

We leave tomorrow for 10 days in Myrtle Beach with grandma and grandpa. My hubby and I are also doing TREK with our stake, I'm headed to Girl's Camp for a week, Youth conference with the YW General Presidency, and hopefully I'll find some time to paint my kitchen and bedroom! Throw in a few fun day trips with the kiddos and it's going to be an awesome and busy summer!
Afton Seal

Anonymous said...

Hi all!

Yes this is already a busy summer! Stripping wallpaper and repainting rooms while I am not teaching at shcool. Waiting for a mission call for my son and the arrival of grandchild number three in August. Fall will be a welcome arrival and ToFW with friends!
Jan White

momofnine said...

We already had our vacation to NH last week, but we have a 'stay'cation planned for later this month. We have both a nice ocean beach, and a nice lake to swim within a ten minute drive, so we will be doing a lot of that. We finish school for the year in August, so there will be lots of just hanging out and relaxing the first half, and lots of organizing and planning the second half!!
Brenda Spearin

Anonymous said...

We are on week into a road trip to Orlando. We are taking 2 weeks and driving down, stopping to visit family along the way. We haven't even made it to Florida yet and already we have made memories with aunts and uncles and cousins that we will treasure for a long time.
Diane Stone

JeMM said...

My husband & I took a weekend trip to Montreal to celebrate 18 years of marriage. We took our bikes and LOVED IT! We are home for the summer but have my mom coming to visit followed by a visit from my niece followed by a few week lazy summer days Then camping on the great Sacandaga Lake with friends!
Jennie McLaws

Katie and Lane said...

We are headed to Minneapolis for a family reunion and then a friend and I are taking a road trip with all 6 of our kids to Georgia to visit her family. She couldn't afford to fly so I offered to drive with her.
-Katie Shepard

Weezy1995 said...

I am headed to Girls Camp (with Christine). The day after girls camp, the kids and I are headed to Utah for 5 weeks. My inlaws live in Draper and always take us to do fun things. I grew up in Orem and hope to get down there to see some of my friends from high school. At some point my husband will join us and hopefully the 2 of us will be able to escape for a night or 2 to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary that is in August. Then when we come home, I am hoping to take the kids to NYC for the day. The LOVE the City as much as I do and have been begging to go so hopefully we will be able to that before school starts on the 28th.

Patti Read

Anonymous said...

No real plans this summer. We may go with some friends sailing at Lake Champlain, VT. We have already went camping up at Button Bay VT. I am working (picking up hours), and finishing up my 'to-do' list with various projects. AND talking up TOFW in Oct ; )

I really think this blog is a nice idea to keep in touch.
Erin Ramsey

Unknown said...

I received our first scholarship and we should see the number change soon I hope now that it is processed!

Unknown said...

We just came home from Alaska! Beautiful! And I am so excited for Brad Wilcox. I saw him as a youth and he changed my life!

Jen said...

We just came back from Cape Cod last weekend and from here on out it's painting, taking down old wall paper, planning a four year old's spider man birthday party and whatever little fun getaway trips we can come up with. A possible anniversary weekend away at the end of this month may be on the table. ;)

Jen

Jen said...

Oh and the last comment with the trip to Cape Cod was by Jen Campos (I do realize there is probably more then one Jen in the world of TOFW) <3

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have this week to ourselves while our daughters vacation with their grandparents in Pennsylvania. We had lunch yesterday at the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, and then drove down to the Manhatten temple for the first time. We are also attending a conference in Virginia later in the month. Mostly though we will try to do a lot of boating and day trips.

Karen Lehoe

Unknown said...

My mom is visiting from Sarratoga Springs, Utah for a month so I am keeping her busy. Making a quick trip to Bar Harbor and seeing some shows while she is here. My granddaughter also keeps me busy, naturally (3 years old and full of energy).
Received my bag and brochures and love the bag and so do the women that have seen it.
Happy summer everyone.
Angela Atkins

Unknown said...

Just got back from AK for my niece's wedding, going camping at the end of the month and then that's about it for the summer, going through stuff and finding new homes for some of it! Looking forward to TOFW as always!! :-)
Paula Newbanks

Sue Dalton said...

Hope everyone had a Happy, Healthy & Safe Fourth of July!
Great video clip by Brad Wilcox! Thanks for posting...
All Good Things,
Susan Dalton

Cindy Rogers said...

I am going to Maine, July 13 - July 23 with my husband, who will be attending a Summer workshop at the the Henry Knox Museum. I plan on doing some visiting some local sites and attend church on the two Sundays we are there.

Cindy Rogers