Thursday, June 21, 2012

What Is the GOOD-EST Thing in Your Life?

{Please check registration progress at right and the REG BY CITY tab.}

WEEKLY BUSINESS
Blog Comments: Only 24 comments on last week's post...maybe everyone was out celebrating the first official week of summer?  Let's try to bring our numbers back up this week to at least 30!  Maybe you can help encourage each other via the facebook page?  The blog comments help us to see that the information is getting out to y'all and that the blog is doing its job.  
Brochures: Brochures & totes should be mailed by the end of this week!  Soon you'll be flashing that TOFW style with your tote and EVERYONE will want to know how to get one too...a perfect brochure opportunity!  
---------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
The Theme for the 2012 Tour is “Seek The Good” based from the scripture in Colossians 3:23, “And whatsoever ye do, do it Heartily…”




Our Theme Tag Line: Do you ever feel like your time and energy are being pulled in too many different directions? What if you had the chance to just step back, take a breath, and uncover the things that need your heart most right now? We believe there are things that most need YOU at this stage in your life. Are you ready to give them more of your heart? Join us at the 2012 TOFW TOUR and SEEK THE GOOD in your life--the good you can do, the good you can create, and all the good life has waiting for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE!
Ask yourself what the GOOD-EST thing is in your life. As Team Members and official representatives of TOFW, I invite you to SEEK THE GOOD in your life. SEEK THE GOOD God has in store for you. SEEK THE GOOD you can be doing! SHARE THE GOOD that TOFW has to offer and make sure NO ONE in your circle of influence misses hearing about this GOOD event coming to your area.


You ladies are SO Fabulous! Go out and do some GOOD!


COMMENT CORNER: What is the GOOD-est thing in your life? Or share why you are excited about this year's theme.

27 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this year's theme because it helps me to focus on the things that need my heart most right now. I can't do everything, but I can do something, and as I focus on the Good that I can do, I know Heavenly Father will point me in the right direction. The GOOD-est thing in my life is my family.

Cathy Starr

sam & sarah said...

i love this theme. it reminds me of a lot of recent general conference talks about just stepping back, slowing down, finding what is important in life.
sam

Unknown said...

The GOOD-EST thing I did was found a man who loves the gospel and cares that we raise our children in it. The GOOD-EST part of my day today... was having patience with my toddler. - Kemper Ure

nihonkabu said...

Definitely my family. That is what life is all about & if we focus on that, and simplify our lives, we will be happier. The world is pulling us in too many directions (if we let it). Seeking the good will help us keep our priorities in order.
Kathy

Weezy1995 said...

The GOOD-EST thing in my life isn't just one thing...it's a couple things. The most important one though is my family. My kids and my husband are a huge support to me and help me daily to remember who I am and to not give up when times get rough. It's taken me a long time to get to that point but I am finally there.

Patti Read

Anonymous said...

Wow! How do you just pick ONE thing that is the GOOD-est in your life? With all my children out of high school now, some in college & some married, it's a GOOD feeling knowing that we are all still on the path doing good.

I love this year's theme especially part of the Tag Line that says: ... "We believe there are things that most need YOU at this stage in your life. Are you ready to give them more of your heart?" I"m ready....I just need to figure out what those things are....for me! Life has changed and I'm ready to find all the good life has waiting for me!

Thanks TOFW for such inspiring words!

Kelli Twelves

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My family is the GOOD est thing in my life, I just need to remember to look for the GOOD that I do and not always focus on the stuff I do "wrong". We all need to learn everyday and I find myself acknowledging everything I do that I shouldn't or only the things I could do better. I need to learn to focus on the GOOD I do and improve on it, all we can do is our best, and we need the GOOD in order to do that! :-)

Rae said...

THe GOOD-est thing in my life is my husband and my family. When I met my husband I was not a member of the church. I grew up in a Christian home and had a tremendous gospel foundation of GOOD news. But when my husband introduced me to the church I was able to add to that foundation the GOOD-est news! We just celebrated our 17th anniversary (and are actually going away this weekend!!) and I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood in my life and the knowledge that we will all be together in the life to come.

Anonymous said...

Seeking the good over this past week has been difficult...My dog for the last 15 years was put to sleep, my babysitting for the summer that I thought was all set fell apart for the next 3 weeks and had to be covered at the last minute, and just a general feeling that anything that can go wrong will.

Just concentrating on the good things: my family, friends, and faith have helped me survive this week without losing my mind. I'm so grateful for all the good in my life and that it is enough to overwhelm the bad.

Karen Lehoe

Cathy said...

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. That is always a hard time in a family's life. I want you to know - and all of the Springfield TOFW Team - that YOU are one of the GOOD-est things in my life right now. You are amazing women and I am uplifted - really - everytime I read your comments on this blog. Thank you for being who you are.

Cathy Starr

JeMM said...

So Many GOOD things. I get to be the seminary teacher and Next year we are studying the New Testament. Learning about the life of Christ and seeing how he cares so much for us. It is teaching me how to be a more Christ Like wife, Mother and friend. I've got a long way to go but Seeking the Good is so Key! Especially in my relationships with family, friends, and with myself too! Jennie McLaws

momofnine said...

We just got back from a family vacation. It was very special, as I convinced my 18 year old son to come with us. It will probably be the last vacation we all go on together. While away though, I was spending some time alone with my almost 5 month old son, while my husband and other 8 kids were at the pool. I put on some EFY tunes to dance around with him while he snuggled on my shoulder to go to sleep. As "I know that my Redeemer lives" came on and I began to sing along with it, I had an overwhelming sweet reminder from the Spirit that I do know that He lives. With the Spirit still strong, I was reminded of how much I really do love the Savior, and how much I cherish my relationship with Him. So, when I read the question about what is GOOD-est in my life, or what needs my attention right now - I immediately thought back to that night in the hotel room.
Brenda Spearin

Anonymous said...

As I read all of your comments, the common theme seems to be family. What a blessing it is to belong to a church that puts family first! I, too, will say my GOOD-est thing is my husband and our three children and the life we have made together. I am also grateful for my health and well being.
Diane Stone

Katie and Lane said...

There are lots of Good-est things in my life, but I at the moment the first thing that pops into my head is my husband. He is a full time PA student and is gone from us 60+ hours a week, yet when he comes home from long days he is still so happy to help out with kids or help clean up. No matter how hard our day seemed to have been it always ends on a good note because he is so happy to be with us.

Katie Shepard

Mariteresa & Mark Jackson's Family Blog said...

I was finally able to log onto the blog!!! Yeah!!

mariteresa

Mariteresa & Mark Jackson's Family Blog said...

GOODest thing in my life has to be the two babies that Mark and I are adopting!!!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of GOOD-est things in my life. Family is one of them, but everyone has mentioned that; so I will mention something else. I am thankful that I have learned how to have a positive attitude and to see the good in most all situations (sometimes it takes a bit of time LOL). I have learned how to expect good things and not be so negative (though I do have some bad days). Positive energy is awesome and it fits seamlessly with the gospel. To me it helps explain faith in 'layman's' terms. It definetly helps to put life into perspective (esp when life is not that easy).
I love all the comments. I do want to make a special shout out to my husband (who wont be reading this)... He is awesome. He isn't a member, but he does go to church with me and supports me with church activities. He cooks for me when I have to go to bed early for my funky shifts and makes sure I have lunch - he generally just really takes great care of me : )

Ok, enough... I'm very excited about this theme and can't wait for the event : )

Erin Ramsey

Unknown said...

So many good comments. One of the Good-est things in my life is the gospel. I don't even want to think where I would be if I did not have the gospel in my life. I know I would not have my wonderful husband and be sealed in the temple. I also would not have a wonderful little granddaughter who I love to bits.

Angela Atkins

Bartolome Family 6 said...

The GOOD-est Thing in my life is my eternal family. Thursday our family celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. I remember being sealed to my husband and our oldest son on that day. What a happy day it was and from such a long journey. We now have 3 more wonderful children who bless my life daily. Yes, my family is my GOOD-est thing!

Joy Bartolome

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

The best GOOD thing in my life right now is the incredible blessings the Lord has given us, even mo than have asked for. Just when I was worried we wouldnt be able to find a more permanent home, a better school for our kids, or room for us to run around; Heavenly Father more than came through for us. I am beyond grateful that he listens to what my heart needs, even when I can't say All I need with words.

Shannon Orr

Anonymous said...

The good-est thing in my life is knowing who I am. I truly know I am a daughter of God and I feel like he knows me and wants me to be happy. I feel guided by Him and extremely blessed.
Alexis Rich

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the thoughts that were shared this week. Right now is an important time in my family's life right now--a daughter going on a mission, a daughter leaving for college, a father-in-law possibly coming closer his time on earth ending, so many things that need my heart. Thank you for reminding me to step back and really make sure my heart is in the right, most important place at such a critical time.
Time out for women is such a great opportunity to really get a good perspective and Motivate us to live life to the fullest.
I hope to help everyone take advantage of this wonderful opportunity
Karen Zeiner

The Steigmeiers said...

Sorry I am late in posting this we had a crazy weekend. Anyway.....

The GOODest thing in my is my membership in the Lord's True Church and my knowledge of the restored gosel. It is through this that all other good things flow into and out of my life )Family, Preishood Authority, etc). Being a convert and having lived my life without this knowledge for so long has given me the opportunity to know how it feels to live without this wonderful blessing and I never wish to go back and enjoy sharing what I have learned with those who are still wandering so that they may feel what I feel. TOFW gives me the opportunity to meet and work with other women and to learn, teach, and share with them.

Kristin Steigmeier

Cindy Rogers said...

The GOODest things in my life is a loving husband. A son, daughter-in law & three precious grandchildren that live next door. A loving Heavenly Father.

Cindy Rogers

Afton said...

The GOOD-est thing in my life is my family. The four incredible kids and husband I have now AND the wonderful siblings and parents I grew up with! I just spent some time with my brother last night who I haven't seen in a year.

I love the family I married into - and I'm excited to spend some time with them on vacation next week!

I'm so thankful for all the people I get to call family too. I am surrounded by amazing people every Sunday at church who are truly my brothers and sisters that have taken care of me when I needed them.

This year's theme sounds perfect for me because I feel like I'm always being pulled in too many directions - but all those things that keep me busy are often reminders that I am blessed with lots of goodness!
Afton Seal

Jen said...

The Good-est thing for me is knowing I am here and I am with my family. I am more then excited to be here and participating again this year. Last year was turning point for me during TOFW, after a car accident I was in and I was a volunteer last year. I wanted to give up but Heavenly Father kept pushing me and I kept praying to him to please let me not do this, this isn't right for me. I was so very wrong. Obviously He knew what was right for me last year and I chose to not be afraid to dr
}ive anymore and I chose to then try and be a stronger mother for my children and try and heal the best way I can. This year I am seeking the good out of my accident and what I can learn from it and share it with others. So much good HAS come from it, some days are very hard and others are better regardless through all the chaos and struggle it is good and I am blessed and thankful for the opportunity to experience the accident, sounds crazy huh?

Jennifer Campos