Thursday, July 5, 2012

Presenter Highlight: TC Christensen

{Be sure to check out the REG BY CITY tab to see how things are going in your area}


WEEKLY BUSINESS
Follow Up:  I loved reading all your fun summer plans - staycations and wallpaper stripping and trips...You ladies are busy busy and I love it!  That's what summer is all about isn't it?  I hope you've had time in your planning and launching trips to share the video of Brad Wilcox with friends...it's always nice to have a moment to refocus on what really matters when life is moving faster than ever! Keep the comments and good work coming!

---------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
PRESENTER HIGHLIGHT: TC CHRISTENSEN
We are SO thrilled to have Film Producer, T.C. Christensen as a TOFW presenter for the first time!  He’s been making LDS themed films for over 30 years and we bet you’ve seen at LEAST one of them – he was the cinematographer for "The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd"!  Though his film “17 Miracles” focuses on pioneers and handcarts, his TOFW presentation will focus on finding and seeking miracles today.


Read more about TC by following the links below: 
Presenter Bio & Product Page : http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/16259
TC’s Website and filmography:   http://www.tc-dp.com/meet.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE

Watch this trailer for TC's latest film "17 Miracles" and repost or email it to friends you think might enjoy the film and listening to the director/writer of the film talk at TOFW.  It's a very unique and fun experience to have a film director speak to us at TOFW...Can you think of another creative way to share information about TC and his talk at TOFW?  Let us know!
{Share this link: http://youtu.be/SResQFe35S8}
COMMENT CORNER: When we focus on SEEKING THE GOOD, we'll mostly likely start to recognize a few more miracles in our lives.  What miracles have YOU recognized lately?  

18 comments:

Cathy said...

Softened hearts through acts of love; the miracle of nature; and the miracle of a little grandson that throws his arms around my legs and says "I wuv you Grandma". These are just a few of the miracles I have recognized lately. Looking forward, however, to being more in-tune to the many miracles in my life.

nihonkabu said...

Recent...a son returning from a mission in two weeks! My Dad recovering from pneumonia. These are just two of the things I'm thankful for right now.
Kathy

sam & sarah said...

Most recent & fresh on our minds was the near drowning of my 2 yo niece. According to all involved, every aspect oh the accident was a miracle... From the way she fell into the pool to who the first responders were...

Anonymous said...

Miracles happen everyday of our lives. Let us always be looking for them and make sure we thank our Heavenly Father for them. I am grateful for many good friends. If you have not seen 17 Miracles, I suggest you do. It is an amazing movie.
Teresa Noel

Anonymous said...

Having spent the past 2 weeks on vacation with my husband and 3 children has helped me recognize the miracle of each of them and the uniqueness of each one of them. Sometimes in my everyday busyness of life, it's easy for me to forget what makes each of them special. I am grateful for this reminder especially as we prepare for this TOFW event to help me seek the good in my life.
Diane Stone

Jen said...

There have been many miracles in my life. My biggest one was about a year ago when I literally walked away from a roll over car accident, that left permanent damage to my body. The police officer on the scene said he has never seen anything like it in all his years of experience. My blessing afterward had said I had angels who protected me during the accident.

Jen Campos

Anonymous said...

I always find it miraculous that Heavenly Father always provides what we need when we need it. He never forgets us even though at times we may feel forgotten and alone. He keeps his promises if we honor our covenants.

Jo Ann Raguseo

Unknown said...

The miracles that I have noticed lately are how wise our Heavenly Father is. Everything we do, He is preparing us for the future. For example: in college, I was in charge of creating a food plan for a 2 day conference for 75 people. Now, I am doing it for 3 days and for 275 people. I should be totally overwhelmed, but I'm not because Heavenly Father has helped me once before.

Unknown said...

It is a miracle to wake up every morning with good health and a loving family and a little granddaughter who comes and wakes you up and just seeing Heavenly Father's creation all around us. To be able to walk, breathe, smell, touch, etc.
Angela
Marlborough

Katie and Lane said...

My 3 very healthy children are miracles. With all the things that can happen to children I am so blessed to only have to deal with bumps and scrapes. Very grateful for their great health.
Katie Shepard

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

It's the small miracles that seem to make the biggest daily difference.

Shannon Orr

Anonymous said...

First - HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PICTURES UP ON THE COMMENT BLOCK???

Ok, now I can get down to business.... I work in an ER as an RN... I see miracles everyday. I've learned not to take anything for granted. Everyday is a gift and we do not know when our lives will turn on a dime. I see new flowers and plants - as in my garden), sunrises, the cycle of life (esp in the forest) as a miracle. I look at technology and the thought process of our minds as miracles. I really don't have a specific miracle b/c I witness so many that I can't keep up. Another miracle (and I'm serious about this) is that I haven't gotten sick or brought the ebola virus home to my family. I am very thankful for this. Sorry this is so general.

Erin R.

Weezy1995 said...

A miracle I have recognized lately was something that just happened today at church. Last week I was in the middle of prepping for girls camp, a 5 week vacation to Utah and on top of that, today was my week to teach in Relief Society. I did my best to prepare as much as possible for my lesson but with the other 2 things going on at the same time, I found it hard to spend much time on my lesson. Today as I was teaching, I could feel the spirit so strongly as people spoke of their experiences and struggles with Missionary work. I only had about 15 minutes to teach my lesson but all the comments were amazing and added more to the lesson than I could have if I just stood and taught. Afterwards, I had many people come up and talk to me about how they enjoyed my lesson. For me it truly was a miracle that the lesson went so well and that so many people got something out of it.

I am also in awe of the miracle of modern medicine and the good it can do for us if we use it wisely.

Patti Read

Sue Dalton said...

For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith. ~2 Nephi 27:23

My job is to practice awareness along with having the faith of a child...

Susan Dalton

The Steigmeiers said...

The miracle of children. As I watch my three children and their friends I am truly amazed at the youth people the Lord is sending to Earth at this time. These children are so strong in the Gospel and dedicated to the Lord. To me they are miracle, but I can only being to think of the miracles that will be come to be by their hands through their faith.

Kristin Steigmeier

Cindy Rogers said...

Life is full of miracles. My son received a kidney transplant six years ago and is now the father of three lovely children. Without that gift of life from others who knows what would have happened.

Cindy Rogers

Anonymous said...

I recently signed up to do a half marathon and train with my sister who has completed multiple marathons. The most I have ever run is 5K (3.1 miles) I have been suprised to find that after not running for over a year - I have started my training where I left off at 3 miles. This is a small miracle, but important to me. I am running in honor of someone (yet to be assigned) suffering from a debilitating blood cancer. I truly believe that when we do good for others we are blessed by the Lord with endurance beyond our actual capacity.

Karen Lehoe

Afton said...

It may seem silly, but I am truly grateful for the miracles of technology. We just got back from spending a week with family. If it wasn't for airplanes and cars I wouldn't be able to see my family once a year. With SKYPE we can call grandma and grandpa whenever we want. It's through these technologies that we can keep our family relationships strong!