Thursday, August 16, 2012

Presenter Highlights: DeAnne Flynn & S. Michael Wilcox

{Please check out the REG BY CITY to see how things are going in your area}
WEEKLY BUSINESS
FOLLOW UP:  I have one word to describe the way you serve the women of New England: AMAZINGLY.  It was fun to read your creative ways to serve and I hope the exercise got you excited to participate in and publicize our GOOD MEAL project to the ladies in your area...
--------------------------------------------------------------- 
WEEKLY FOCUS
DeAnne’s energy and enthusiasm for life, motherhood, and TOFW is contagious!  A mother to seven children, you will love her dynamic personality and energetic approach to  life, kids and service.

Presenter Bio & Product Page: http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/19525
Author Page on TOFW.com: http://tofw.com/author/3
DeAnne’s Mother’s Mite Website: http://mothersmite.com/
YouTube Video Link: http://youtu.be/KAn-UjofvwA

His unmatched gospel knowledge will interest you and his gentle, storytelling method of teaching will inspire you.  A TOFW favorite for sure!

Presenter Bio & Product Page: http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/310
Author Page on TOFW.com: http://tofw.com/author/13
YouTube Video Link: http://youtu.be/vtEV_-JP92c

--------------------------------------------------------------- 
SHARE CHALLENGE!
Share DeAnne’s website with someone so they can learn about The Mother’s Mite Initiative.  Share this video with your friends so they can be reminded to allow themselves to celebrate they GOOD they do!
Share this video of S. Michael Wilcox with your friends so they can have some insight into understanding the “Great Goodness of God”.
COMMENT CORNER: In the spirit of DeAnne’s challenge, let’s celebrate the good you did today!  Tell us ONE good thing you did or accomplished today.  Or, you could take Michael's advice and share something you've experienced the "Great Goodness of God."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took care of my friend's dog so she could bring her three kids to the beach in Rhode Island to celebrate her birthday.

Jo Ann Raguseo

Anonymous said...

I spent most of the day outside digging up roots (very large ones :-)) in preparation for planting a new lawn. Hard work, and frustrating work but such a sense of accomplishment.

Cathy Starr

JeMM said...

My 3 girls and I dyed clothes new colors we spent time together, we laughed and talked and were just being! It was awesome!
Jennie McLaws

Janika said...

Just want to say that I happened upon DeAnne's book "The Time-Starved Family" and loved it. It made me reconsider the craziness of our schedule and we ended up making some important changes. Oh, and as for a good thing. Well, I'm taking our four children to our ward campout this weekend, which is honestly the LAST thing I feel like doing. They are just so excited to go, so I figure I better just "gird up my loins" and make it happen! Wish me luck!
--Janika Dillon

The Steigmeiers said...

Good luck, Janika

A co worker is having car trouble and she will be without a car for awhile. For the past few days, and for who knows how long, I have offered to pick her up and drive her eventhough this adds on an extra 30 minutes of travel time for me a day.

Kristin Steigmeier

Cindy Rogers said...

Watching my grandchildren while Mom & dad enjoy an evening out.

Cindy Rogers

Unknown said...

My friend's husband has been diagnosed with colon cancer and he had to have a second operation due to an obstruction so it was back to the hospital after his first operation. Took her frozen meals this morning made by the R/S sisters at enrichment on Thursday evening and I baked the kid's favorite cake. I packed her a lunch so that she would not have to worry about that when she went to spend the day today at the hospital with her husband. Also took her some flowers and a card with some encouraging words to let her know that she is loved. Hope that was enough.

Sue Dalton said...

I sent a sister in our Ward a card today to cheer her up...she has good days and bad days with an ongoing illness she has struggled with for over a year now...lime disease.

Katie and Lane said...

I made a very special dinner for my brother who is visiting from California. I never see him so i went all out with lobster and the fix-ens. Mind you I was raised in California and lobster is foreign to me.

-Katie Shepard

Jen said...

Put together an at home "learning binder" for my kids, so they get that little extra learning....let's hope I stick to it...