Thursday, August 2, 2012

Presenter Highlight: Chris Williams

{Please be sure to check out the REG BY CITY tab to see how it's looking in your area}

WEEKLY BUSINESS
Blog Follow Up:  Glad to hear about your email campaigns.  If email isn't your thing, there are so many other creative ways to share TOFW.  Don't forget to use the facebook page as a resource for sharing more of those creative ideas.  
TOFW on PINTEREST:  Great news!  TOFW now has a pinterest page with fun boards full of ideas, quotes and even recipes that you can repin and share with your pinning friends.  If you are on pinterest, go check it out, follow us and pin away! http://pinterest.com/tofw
LOCAL LDS BOOKSTORE: Latter-Day Harvest bookstore has joined us in publicizing TOFW!
---------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
Chris Williams, a new TOFW presenter for 2012, has a lot of important things to share with us about Seeking the Good.  After his wife and three of his children were killed by a drunk driver, Chris found the strength to forgive and let go.  His faith in God’s ability to make tragedy change us for good has lead him to move forward on a path that has added joy to his life equal to his pain.  He’s now remarried and his rapidly growing family has just welcomed darling baby girl number two! Chris may be one of few male presenters at Time Out, but we promise, he’ll  fit in perfectly with the TOFW crowd in Springfield!     

Read more about Chris and his TOFW SEEK THE GOOD message “Let It Go”:
Presenter Bio & Product Page : http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/21917
Chris Williams’ Mormon Message: http://youtu.be/E7zwQ_7q-fU

---------------------------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE
Please take a few minutes and SHARE CHRIS with others (your blog, facebook, emails, etc.!)
{SHARE this link: http://youtu.be/0pb5IHMQCys}
COMMENT CORNER: This is Chris’ first year as a TOFW presenter.  What was your first year at TOFW and what do you remember most?

13 comments:

The Steigmeiers said...

Last year was my first year at TOFW. I was also a Team Member in Rochester. I have so many fond memories on that TOFW from working with the other Team Members to get ready each day, to feeling the Spirit of those in attendance as I welcomed them and handed out the bags. It was truly amazing. By the second day I had already asked Tennisa if I could be put on the list for Springfield that is how much I enjoyed it. I just knew that was where I wanted to be. And then there were the presenters....AMAZING. Each one sharing something that as I felt like it had been planned for me. I truly believe that everyone woman should attend at least one TOFW....then the rest would be booked solid becuase they would all want to come back.

Kristin Steigmeier

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping us get to know the presenters. I am grateful to be able to see the clips from the speakers. They are so inspiring and touching. I just sent an e-mail to everyone in my address book to share it. Hopefully some will respond and have a desire to purchase a ticket. I am offering to purchase them in groups of 4. I am on my second group. I am sure looking forward to it.
Karen Zeiner

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

I went with my mom several years ago in Phoenix. I remember being so moved by Gladys Knights music and conversion story.

nihonkabu said...

My first ToFW was 7-8 years ago. Probably the speaker I remember most was Sherri Dew. She was fantastic, as always. I took good notes and enjoy going back to all of my ToFW notes. I love the feeling at ToFW, and I go home feeling rejuvenated and ready to go forward! I have also enjoyed getting to know Laurel, Chrislyn, Tennisa and the ToFW team. They are great! And, of course, getting to know Cathy better over the years. Kathy Ward

sam & sarah said...

yay! i'm finally home from our cross country road trip (8,000 miles w 3 little kids...yikes!) i'm ready to get back into TOFW madness =)

my 1st TOFW was 2 years ago in Hartford. i remember leaving on such a high that i promised myself i would go to every TOFW that i could possibly go to!

Sam Cousins

Jen said...

My first TOFW was last year. As I have stated before a little over a year ago I was in a bad car accident (so I may be an emotional wreck when Chris speaks....someone extra tissues please). Anyway, my most memorable part was actually Tennisa. When I went last year, it had only been seven months since my accident and I was coming from Rome area and could only drive as far as Palmyra. After a temple session and getting ready for TOFW I DESPERATELY relied on the girls I came with for rides, because I wasn't able to get behind a steering wheel in heavier traffic and unfamiliar territory. The Saturday morning meeting I was late, again and finally talked to Tennisa and cried and cried and apologized for being late and that's now who I am. Fittingly enough TOFW was about "Choose to Become" and Tennisa said, "It's ok. You are here and that's all that matters." I honestly felt so safe at that moment that even though I was an emotional wreck and thankfully wearing waterproof mascara knew I COULD do this and I COULD become who I needed to be. It truly was one of the turning points for me. The speakers were wonderful and I still talk about them in classes and talks but it was the kindness and the kind words of Tennisa that helped me to become better. So Tennisa if you are reading this THANK YOU! You had no idea, what you have done and with you and the AMAZING speakers last year it has changed me and I NEVER want to stop volunteering. Sorry this is so long ladies.

Jen Campos

Cindy Rogers said...

I went two years ago in Hartford. My husband bought me tickets for me and my daughter-in-law and she had just had her first a baby so she was unable to come so I invited a friend to go with me we had a great time and I am now looking forward to going as a team member.

Cindy Rogers

Anonymous said...

My first TOFW was in Albany, I can't remember how many years ago it was.(Help me out Robin!) Anyway, I remember the music of Michael McLean and his son,Jeff. They were amazing! I just remember leaving feeling so uplifted by all the speakers and feeling so blessed that I was able to attend and be touched by their messages.
Diane Stone

Teresa Noel said...

I have been going to TOFW for 5 years and LOVE it. I love the carpools with the ladies from my area and the "Slumber Party" at the Hotel, but mostly I just love to be in a room full of sisters listening to Wonderful speakers who inspire "me"/us to be better!

Teresa Noel

Anonymous said...

This will be my very first year at TOFW! Each year I have really wanted to attend, but was never able to. I have heard some of this years speakers at events like Education Week. I know it will be a great and uplifting experience and a lot of fun.

Marlain Beaudette

Unknown said...

Coming from South Africa we never had anything like TOFW so this is only my second time attending such an event and I am excited that I was asked to be a team member which has enabled me to attend again.

Katie and Lane said...

My first TOFW was in 2010 when I moved to Connecticut. I didn't even know it was happening until someone with a ticket couldn't got and offered it to me. I went to the Saturday session and who I remember is Mariama Kallon. And her powerful testimony and her story of all that she had to over come.
-katie Shepard

Sue Dalton said...

Wow...Chris is a tough presenter to follow! My first TOFW was oh I believe five years ago and what I remember most and loved was listening to Mary Ellen Edmunds! Loved all of TOFW, but she's who I remember most! On a side note she was one of my MTC teachers ---- years ago. (c: