We are so thrilled to introduce you to your very own Team Blog. This blog contains all of the information you'll need as a team member and we'll add posts each week to keep you "in the know" about TOFW in your city. Please check the blog at least weekly, it will contain information for you to pass along about the event, as well as any special Team instructions. You will be notified when the blog has been updated, prompting you to log in and have a look.
Please take some time to navigate around and get familiar with everything. Take note of important information that will always be listed on the side bars. Each tab at the top will give you frequently used documents and other information important for team members.
You've noticed that this blog is "private" and is accessed by invitation only. Invitations are administered by your Team Lead, Cathy Starr (clstarr@comcast.net). Please do not share any information from this blog with anyone. All documents and information contained herein are the sole property of Time Out for Women and are to be used for purposes set forth by TOFW Managers only.
Each week, we'll have a fun COMMENT CORNER for you to respond to so we know you've been on the blog to see the important team information. Don't for get to sign your name!
COMMENT CORNER: Which presenter are you most looking foward to hearing at the Springfield TOFW?
Thank you and welcome aboard!! We look forward to hearing from you...comment...comment...comment!
Sincerely,
Tennisa Nordfelt
TOFW Manager
35 comments:
Hello TOFW Team!
Tennisa Nordfelt
Welcome Springfield TOFW Team Members. I am excited to get started working with you in promoting this great event. I was fortunate to be able to attend the Portland event in April. It was such a great weekend meeting new friends and catching the vision of the theme this year - "Seek the Good". I hope I can share with you the excitement and spiritual boost that I came away with.
TOFW is celebrating their 10th Anniversary this year. We should be able to think of some fun "10" things to do to help spread the word. Put on your thinking caps, and we'll share our ideas.
Cathy Starr
Welcome to the team!
Tennisa Nordfelt
Thank you for letting me help out again! I think we have a great team this year! Kathy Ward
I'm so excited to be a part of the team again this year!!! As for the presenter I am looking forward to hearing from the most, I think it would have to be Michael McLean. He was at the first TOFW event I ever attended and I loved hearing him. His song "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours" meant a lot to me growing up because I was adopted and it helped me get through some rough patches. So, that is who I am looking forward to hearing from the most :)
Patti Read
Patti, thank you for sharing that intimate story. I love Michael McLean's music, too. Several of his songs have helped me as well.
I think I am most looking forward to hearing Emily Freeman and her presentation about the "middle moments" of our life. But I have to say, I heard Brad Wilcox, Chris Williams and S. Michael Wilcox at the Spokane Event and they were incredible. I'm also looking forward to hearing Mercy River. Hmmm, do I really have to pick just one???? :-)
Hey all! So happy to be working with some familiar faces/names and many new ones!! This is going to be an amazing event and I am so excited to be apart of it!
I have to say I'm really looking forward to hearing from Chris Williams. He faced my greatest fear; the loss of a spouse and children. I can't wait to hear him tell his story and how he did indeed "Let it go."
Robin A Evans {hence the nickname Rae}
I am so excited for many of them. I will share about Chris Williams with a few of my friends, one whose husband is facing cancer and one whose 9 month old baby died of SIDS,
I think TC Christensen will be amazing. I think I am most looking forward to DeAnne Flynn, her focus will be so relevant to my life, working to remember the big picture in family life, not just the day to day.
Jennie McLaws - "JeMM" Jennie Marie McLaws - but my friend Daphne always said "you're a Gem" so It works!
I'm looking forward to hearing from Deanne Flynn, I think I often forget to slow down and enjoy my family's little moments.
I'm excited to be part of the team for the first time!
Umm, that last comment from from Shannon Orr. :)
I am excited to be a part of the Springfield team and excited for so many of the presenters. I am really looking forward to hearing from DeAnne Flynn. I know that I can use all the help I can get to remember the little things!
Diane Stone
I am a music lover so of course I am looking forward to hearing from
Michael Mclean again. I am usually inspired by everyone though so there is not just one speaker I would choose. So looking forward to another uplifting event. Angela from Marlborough.
I am also looking forward to the TOFW this year. I have enjoyed both Michael McClean & Michael Wilcox at previous TOFW events & look forward to having them come again. I am especially excited, though, that a whole new group of musicians & speakers that I have never heard before will be at our Springfield event! Love variety! Thanks for letting me help out again this year.
Kelli Twelves
I agree with Kelli, I am most excited to see the two Michael's!! I have loved S Michael Wilcox since he came to a Stake Women's conference. There were so many people wanting to talk to him, that they had him stay and teach another class after lunch!!
Micheal McLean - he really touched my heart in Albany!
Paula
My first response was Michael McLean because I don't recognize any of the other names, but then I read Chris Williams and his little blurb and I am looking most to hearing him speak. I feel like we will be able to relate a bit.
Jen Campos
For me it is a toss up between DeAnne Flynn and hearing Mercy River. I am so glad to be helping out and look forward to sharing this event with family and friends. What we take away from an up lifting event is amazing!
Jan C. White
I can't wait to see DeAnne Flynn! I saw in the Ogden and loved her! She just speaks straight to the heart! - Kemper Ure
I don't know some of the speakers, but M. McLean intrests me b/c he is entertaining and he has a spiritual side that touches your heart and makes you laugh at the same time. I love his lyrics (I don't really listen to his music, but the lyrics are very inspiring). I have been trying to put into practice of not having any attachments to the end result, so that being said, I'm open to whoever is speaking; and look forward to their message. It is like conference - the various messages will be great for everyone there. Erin Ramsey
I am really looking forward to hearing from Julie de Azevedo Hanks. As I read her bio I immediately connected with what was written. I know lost of women who are busy and forget themselves, myself included, for those around us. I look forward to hearing what she has to share with us at TOFW.
Kristin Steigmeier
My mom and sister saw Chris Williams speak and they were really touched by his story. So that's who I am the most excited to hear. And I'm really excited to be on the team again! TOFW is a highlight for me every year! Afton Seal
Hello all... so excited to be here.
I'm looking forward to hearing Michael McLean... I first heard him perform "The Forgotten Carols" waaaay back when I attended Ricks =) I'm also excited to hear both Wilcox... love both of them!
Sam
I am so excited to be a team member. I have attended two previous TOFW in Hartford and am excited to be involved. I am eager to hear from S. Michael Wilcox. I was very impressed with his presentation two years ago. I am also excited to hear from Julie de Azevedo Hanks. I think I really need to hear what she has to say.
Jo Ann Raguseo
M McLean is great - wish he'd do another Primary type CD.
Brother Wilcox was adorable two or three years ago, when he came. He was going to speak, and kept an eye out for his son, dau in law and the new baby to show up - very sweet.
His CD, King Noah (syndrome), was very good.
I looked up Mercy River and their style reminds me a lot of Hillary Weeks, exc for 'Every Voice' which is lively. Pat Demers
I am thrilled to be a part of TOFW Team Springfield!! What an awesome group of speakers/musicians we get to share with our "sisters". I love Michael McLean and brought our children up singing along with Julie and Michael.
Gail Alenikov
Joyce Griffin-Sobel
I think I am most looking forward to hearing Emily Freeman. I often need help 'getting through the middle. But now that I've read some of these comments I am looking forward to hearing from Chris Williams as well. -Christine Hamilton
P.S. I always wondered how people got to be the ushers and such... now I know. I'm excited to be a part of it!
I am so excited about attending my first TOFW. Working for the Navy has prevented me from attending due to year end duties and a 24/7 schedule. This year I am 'free' from year end and can go. In the past I've advised others to attend and paid for my daughter and daughter-in-law to go and now it is my turn to go with them! I can't wait to hear S. Michael Wilcox. Attended his C.S. Lewis lectures at Education Week many, many years ago and tried when I was in the Stake to get him to N.E. to speak to the sisters and young women but it didn't happen. Now I get to hear him again. Love all his books especially the one about the temple. Close behind is Michael McLean who came to NE for a Youth Conference. His music touches me especially "Arise and Shine Forth".
Carmen Cunningham
Newport, RI
I have been fortunate to enjoy several Time Out for Women events and am so grateful for the wonderful women that I have had the opportunity to meet and for the inspiring and touching presenters. I especially look forward to hearing Michael Wilcox. The last time he was here was during a very difficult time for him. My heart went out to him and appreciated him sharing his personal life. I look forward to hearing them all and especially helping make it memorable for all who attend in whatever way I can. Karen Zeiner
I am excited to be apart of the team again. I also and excited to be the scholarship coordinator. let me know how I can help you!
Alexis Rich
I am really happy to be part of this years team. It's so hard to choose just one...I usually get something from all of the presenters. I guess I am most excited to see Mercy River. I really enjoy their music and some of their blog posts on the TOFW website. Looking forward to working with all of you!
Karen Lehoe
I am excited to be a part of this team. I am still learning everything that is needed of me. I am looking forward to communicating with everyone :) Patti Kestner
So excited to have the bag and brochures. I can't wait to give them out and to talk to sisters and friends that may need a pick-me-up. Pray for inspiration to know just might need your encouragement. Remember the scholarships as well when thinking and talking to the sisters you know.
Teresa Noel
Thank you for letting me help again this year. Tonight I am sending out the link to TOFW Springfield to two women in the neighborhood. Never know - one might come - I have high hopes. They are great women in their families.
I don't use my personal facebook page much but I have friends and I think TOFW is a good link to have on there for a change. I had originally only signed up when our son went to Iraq, and then they weren't allowed to use it two weeks later.
My first TOFW was a full Saturday and wonderful speakers. Every one since then has been just as great. I am looking forward to each speaker this year.
10 things to share TOFW:
Email ten sisters, even if not
LDS.
Link TOFW to my facebook page.
Call ten other sisters I did not
email.
I began calling sisters I know in
MA & ME and am asking if they are going. So far, I've done three and all want to be there, but have not done their ticket orders. Of course, I suggested group orders asap so they don't miss out.
Pat Demers, Hooksett, NH
Post a Comment